Our 10 acre Big Lake is home to 350+ head of common and mirror carp up to 34lb with plenty of 20lb+ fish cruising around. We have had a stocking of VS fish in 2015 to add some fresh blood to the lake. This makes it a popular venue with carpers and night anglers all year round.
Depths vary from 4 – 8ft, including gravel bars. Gravel bar/swim map available from reception/shop.
To fish the Big Lake during the day, you must be 16+, unless accompanied by an adult (18+).
With newly built 22 bark chipped swims with plenty of double and triple areas to accommodate multiple bivies ideal for socials. We have also created dug outs where the old platforms with steps used to be so no more steps (see pictures).
Night fishing is permitted on the Big Lake ONLY and is very popular during summer months. Please call 01252 325867 to make a booking. You only book a space for the night, not where you go on the lake. That is done on a first come first served basis, and to avoid disappointment, as we restrict the number of anglers on the lake AT NIGHT.
NO BOOKINGS VIA EMAIL/FACEBOOK!
Our local takeaways are more than happy to deliver to the gates when we are closed. (Please don’t keep them waiting at the gate!) Please ask for a selection of menus on arrival.
Carp & Night Fishing Rules (These rules apply to any matches held on the Big Lake):
Special rules apply when carp fishing and fishing at night.
- All anglers MUST use the landing net/unhooking mat and weigh slings provided – this includes NIGHT and DAY tickets
- No braided main lines or shock leaders (except on marker rods)
- Minimum line strength is 12lb
- Barbless hooks only
- 2 rod limit
- Fishing must take place from designated swims only
- No bait boats
- No floating baits
- Any type of boilie is allowed
- No dog or cat food
- No fixed rigs (all rigs must be free running)
- All carp rigs to be no shorter length than 4″
- No carp to be sacked
- Chod rigs are now allowed but must be free running and no shorter than 4″
- When using zig rigs they must be fished 12 inches below the surface and be free running
- No nuts, seeds or pulses (except corn, hemp and maize)
- Only our own fishery pellet for feeding (available from the onsite tackle shop) NO LIMIT
- Groundbait must not contain seeds, nuts or pulses and there is no limit on groundbait
- No anglers under the age of 18yrs are allowed on the fishery overnight (including non fishing guests)
- No access off the site when the gates are closed at night
10% discount for armed forces on production of a valid I.D card
|Price per person||One rod||Two rods|
|Standard day ticket||£10.50||£16.00|
|Afternoon ticket (last 4 hours)(seasonal times apply) Adult & Junior||£6.50 / £5.00||£11.00 / £9.00|
|Junior day ticket (juniors must be 15 and under)||£6.50||£13.00|
|O.A.P.(65 & over) (Mon – Fri only) (Except Bank holidays)||£5.50||£11.00|
|Disabled ticket (must hold a disabled rod licence or produce a blue badge)||£5.50||£11.00|
ALL VISITORS MUST REPORT TO RECEPTION.
£2.00 REFUNDABLE TICKET FOR NON FISHING VISITORS IS AVAILABLE (conditions apply)
Price List – Night Fishing over 18’s only
Big Lake only
|Price per person||Up to two rods|
|24 hours (1 day)||£25.00|
|48 hours (2 days)||£42.00|
|72 hours (3 days)||£60.00|
|96 hours (4 days)||£80.00|
|Special week rate||£120.00|
|Non fishing night guest||£5.00 per night (must be over 18)|
The Tackle Taxi £2 per trip per person up until 5pm each day.